7th Street Trafficway Bridge
Researched by Max Johnson
Design of 7th Street Trafficway planned
Bridge construction begins
Bridge opens to traffic
Bridge rehabilitated, southbound steel stringer span built and opened
- Deck truss bridge over Kansas River on four lanes of 7th Street Trafficway in Kansas City
- Kansas City, Wyandotte County, Kansas
- Open to four lanes of traffic
- Built 1932; southbound steel stringer bridge built 1992; rehabilitated 1992
- Cantilever deck truss (northbound bridge)
Steel stringer (southbound bridge)
Length of largest span: 334.0 ft.
Total length: 2,018.1 ft. (0.4 mi.)
Deck width: 29.9 ft.
- Also called
- Herman G. Dillion Bridge (official name)
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.07553, -94.62466 (decimal degrees)
39°04'32" N, 94°37'29" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/359463/4326414 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Kansas City
- Inventory numbers
- KDOT 0105-B0072 (Kansas Dept. of Transportation bridge number)
BH 36472 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 4, 2016: Updated by Nathan Holth: Merged NBI.
- December 12, 2012: Updated by Chris Knight: The Southbound Span was built in the 1990s I believe etheir 1992 or 1993. But Consturction of the Bridge began in 1991.
- April 10, 2012: Updated by Robert Elder: Moved the balloon to the correct bridge. It had been on the new bridge.
- April 30, 2010: Updated by Robert Elder: Edited Design Description. The northbound bridge is a cantilever deck truss.
- April 25, 2008: Updated by Max Johnson
- April 24, 2008: Updated by Max Johnson
- April 23, 2008: Essay added by Max Johnson