ATSF - Alma Bridge
"Unused and perhaps unsafe, the trestle over Mill Creek near Alma, Kansas hasn't been used by railroad cars since a landslide south of the town in 1968. Local businessmen and historians hope to restore the track and train traffic as a tourist attraction" - 1972 Press Caption
Press Photo; Used under Fair Use
BH Photo #452126
Relocated from another location
- Lost Pratt through truss bridge over Mill Creek on Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway
- Alma, Wabaunsee County, Kansas
- Built ca. 1890; Relocated 1914; Abandoned due to landslide elsewhere on line 1968; Removed ?
- - Missouri Valley Bridge & Iron Co. of Leavenworth, Kansas (Likely Builder)
- - Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway (ATSF)
- Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 150.0 ft.
Total length: 250.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.01091, -96.28040 (decimal degrees)
39°00'39" N, 96°16'49" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/735476/4321507 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 85910 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 13, 2019: Updated by John Marvig: added information from ATSF Bridge Records
- July 13, 2019: New photo from Luke