Branch Wakarusa Landon Trail Trestle Bridge
Photo taken by Nick Schmiedeler in December 2018
BH Photo #439112
Old MoPac RR line, being converted to Landon Rail to Trail, most likely built ca. 1918 as girder bridges to east and west dates with 1918 plaque
- Timber stringer bridge over Branch of Wakarusa River on Landon Rail to Trail
- Shawnee County, Kansas
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built by Missouri Pacific Railroad ca. 1918
- - Missouri Pacific Railroad (MP; MoPac)
- Timber stringer, newer cement platform pedestrian walkway for evolving Landon Rail to Trail
Span length: 60.0 ft.
Total length: 60.0 ft.
Deck width: 10.0 ft.
- Also called
- Branch Wakarusa MoPac Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.89600, -95.55133 (decimal degrees)
38°53'46" N, 95°33'05" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/278737/4308329 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 83688 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 2, 2018: New photos from Nick Schmiedeler