West Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Robert Elder
BH Photo #110305
The Wrought Iron Bridge Company is the likely fabricator of this bridge, which was probably built ca. 1880 - 1890.
- Kingpost pony truss bridge over West Creek, 8.0 mi. south and 1.2 mi. west of Belleville
- Republic County, Kansas
- Intact but closed to all traffic
- NBI claims it was built in 1929, but it was almost certainly built much earlier.
- Kingpost pony truss
Length of largest span: 40.0 ft.
Total length: 67.9 ft.
Deck width: 20.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.71111, -97.65660 (decimal degrees)
39°42'40" N, 97°39'24" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/615156/4396557 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Concordia NW
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- Inventory numbers
- KS 000790785803400 (Kansas local bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 18441 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of October 2014)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 40 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- January 12, 2022: Updated by Nathan Holth: Closed to traffic per Street View.
- June 16, 2017: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein
- January 10, 2017: Updated by Robert Elder: Edited Description.
- September 3, 2014: Updated by Fmiser: changed history because the NBI 1929 date is probably wrong.
- April 12, 2010: Updated by Robert Elder: Adjusted GPS Coordinates.
- July 14, 2008: Updated by Robert Elder: Updated categories
- February 28, 2008: Updated by Robert Elder: Edited "Overview" and "Design"