CK - South Fork Solomon River Bridge
Photo taken by Nick Schmiedeler in December 2017
BH Photo #414617
Build date comes from Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway bridge records at Temple, TX Railroad Museum.
- Abandoned through truss bridge over South Fork Solomon River on Central Kansas Railroad (abandoned)
- Osborne County, Kansas
- Closed to traffic
- Built 1916 using a secondhand truss
- - Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway (ATSF)
- Central Kansas Railway (CKRY)
- Kansas & Oklahoma Railroad (KO)
- Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 133.0 ft.
Total length: 623.0 ft.
- Also called
- ATSF - South Fork Solomon River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.42384, -98.67389 (decimal degrees)
39°25'26" N, 98°40'26" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/528069/4363863 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 7 S., R. 12 W., Sec. 21
- Inventory number
- BH 75212 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 8, 2020: Updated by John Marvig: added information from ATSF Bridge Records
- December 24, 2017: Updated by Dave King: Added category "A-frame portal"
- December 24, 2017: Updated by Clark Vance: Added category "Kansas & Oklahoma Railroad"
- December 24, 2017: New photos from Nick Schmiedeler
- January 18, 2017: Updated by Robert Elder: Added category "Solomon River"
- Robert Elder - robertelder1 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Nick Schmiedeler - nick [at] nickschmiedeler [dot] com
- John Marvig - marvigj27 [at] gmail [dot] com