197th St. Vassar Bridge West
Photo taken by Nick Schmiedeler in June 2018
BH Photo #429854
Steel stringer, very large stone abutments, solid bridge but abandoned by road and possibly the construction of Lake Pomona in early to mid-60's. Nearly identical to steel stringer to the east, also listed on this county page. Still used by locals to cross creek, but approaches severely damaged.
- Abandoned steel stringer bridge over Branch 110 Mile Creek on 197th St.
- Vassar, Osage County, Kansas
- Derelict/abandoned, some local hunters, fishers, adventurers, still cross this bridge
- Bridge possibly abandoned around time Pomona State Park opened, early-mid 1960's
- Steel stringer, fantastic large stone abutments
Length of largest span: 35.0 ft.
Total length: 80.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 15.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.70955, -95.62719 (decimal degrees)
38°42'34" N, 95°37'38" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/271562/4287822 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 82019 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 30, 2018: Added by Nick Schmiedeler