The Iola Register: September 29 1977
BH Photo #457433
Bridge at the small community of Austin.
- Bowstring through truss bridge over Neosho River, 2.2 mi. east and 2.9 mi. south of Chanute
- Neosho County, Kansas
- Removed but not replaced, bowstring relocated and preserved.
- - King Iron Bridge Co. of Cleveland, Ohio [also known as King Bridge Co.]
- Bowstring through truss
Length of largest span: 319.8 ft.
Total length: 450.0 ft.
Deck width: 12.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 12.0 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Neosho River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.63192, -95.41383 (decimal degrees)
37°37'55" N, 95°24'50" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/287001/4167717 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 28 S., R. 18 E., Sec. 2
- 900 ft. above sea level
- Average daily traffic (as of 2007)
- Inventory numbers
- KS 000671029206249 (Kansas local bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 18297 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of September 2009)
- Sufficiency rating: 17.5 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- October 8, 2019: Updated by Art Suckewer: Changed status indicating relocation of bowstring and, based on Melissa’s post, it may be or have been on the register.
- October 7, 2019: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added builder and truss type
- October 7, 2019: New photo from Melissa Brand-Welch
- October 7, 2015: Updated by Clark Vance: Added category "Relocated"
- October 6, 2015: Updated by Clark Vance: Location from historic map.
- April 30, 2010: Updated by Robert Elder: Incorporated new NBI data.
- Robert Elder - robertelder1 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com
- Melissa Brand-Welch - melissabrandwelch [at] msn [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Art Suckewer - Asuckewer [at] knite [dot] com