Clear Creek Bridge
This bridge is easily visible from US 56.
Photo taken by Robert Elder in February 2008
BH Photo #111530
Written by Tedd Liggett
I am the Original phOTOGRAPH_oF_tHE_dAY and photographed the Clear Creek Bridge on May 16, 2003. My photog is #7 on the Clear Creek Bridge slide show. What follows is my segueway ...
TEDD LiGGETT's phOTOGRAPH_oF_tHE_dAY #2126 - The next day I continued to drive southeastward, passed the towns of Galva, Canton, Lehigh. Around noon-time, speed approaching 60, I maneuvered a bat-turn-circle-back after glancing the bridge over my left shoulder, blurred.
For most of the last century the Clear Creek Bridge served the asphalt ribbon of U.S. Highway 56. Prevailing the cross-roads of Sunflower Road & the the Central Kansas Railroad the ‘ol bridge retains the quality to serve purpose and property, even if the superstructure has a modern rating of ‘structurally deficient’.
- Concrete pony arch bridge over Clear Creek, 0.6 mi. north of Marion
- Marion County, Kansas
- Open to traffic
- Rainbow arch
Length of largest span: 81.0 ft.
Total length: 83.0 ft.
Deck width: 17.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.36397, -97.02186 (decimal degrees)
38°21'50" N, 97°01'19" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/672821/4248051 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2011)
- Inventory numbers
- KS 000570855005249 (Kansas local bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 18021 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of November 2018)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 37.5 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- April 2, 2017: New photos from Nick Schmiedeler
- October 19, 2016: Updated by Robert Elder: Added category "Marsh arch (standard)"
- July 11, 2013: New Street View added by Sheldon Wiens
- May 12, 2013: Essay added by Tedd Liggett
- May 8, 2013: New photo from Clark Vance
- June 22, 2011: New Street View added by Ben Tate
- April 25, 2011: New photos from Clark Vance
- June 20, 2010: New photo from Mike LeMasters
- March 9, 2010: Updated by Robert Elder: Added Street View link
- February 12, 2010: Updated by Robert Elder: Adjusted GPS Coordinates.
- December 8, 2009: Updated by Robert Elder: Added Marsh arch to Categories
- July 8, 2008: Updated by Robert Elder: Updated categories
- February 28, 2008: Updated by Robert Elder: Edited "Overview" "Design" and "Design Description"
- February 7, 2008: New photos from Robert Elder
- Robert Elder - robertelder1 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Mike LeMasters
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com
- Ben Tate - benji5221 [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Sheldon Wiens
- Nick Schmiedeler - nick [at] nickschmiedeler [dot] com