BNSF - Neosho Rapids Bridge
I had to photograph this bridge from a county road south of the rail line. The bridge appears to be a nine panel, pin connected, Parker through truss.
Photo taken by Robert Elder in November 2005
BH Photo #111697
Build date comes from Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway bridge records at Temple, TX Railroad Museum.
- Parker through truss bridge over Neosho River on BNSF Railway
- Lyon County, Kansas
- Open to traffic
- Built 1905, Rebuilt 1952
- - Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway (ATSF)
- BNSF Railway (BNSF)
- Parker through truss
Length of largest span: 226.0 ft.
Total length: 478.0 ft.
- Also called
- BNSF - Neosho River Bridge (Neosho Rapids)
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.37640, -96.01505 (decimal degrees)
38°22'35" N, 96°00'54" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/760753/4251797 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 36250 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 1, 2018: New photos from Nick Schmiedeler
- April 6, 2015: Updated by Luke: Added build date based on imagery from KSHS
- February 15, 2010: Updated by Robert Elder: Made slight adjustment to GPS Coordinates.
- February 11, 2008: Added by Robert Elder