KCC&S - Leaky Roof Bridge
A section of the Kansas City, Clinton & Springfield Railroad ran between Stanley, KS and Belton, MO. First built in 1871, it went through several owners, finally ending up owned by the Frisco which got permission to abandon it in 1928. The KCC&S line took a route similar to the Frisco Highline and sections were combined when Frisco acquired the KCC&S. One or both received the nickname "Leaky Roof" due to the leaky roofs on boxcars which usually carried only clay tiles and thus did not require water tightness.
This bridge is described in a brochure of historical sites in Leawood, KS. A photo shows stacked stone abutments with a slab bridging a short span. Possibly dismantled by someone with the Kansas City Archaeological Society and either in storage or reassembled near its original location.
- March 30, 2014: Added by Clark Vance
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com