No votes cast
87th St. Kansas River View Bridge
87th St. bridge with RR masonry arch bridge in background
Photo taken by Nick Schmiedeler in July 2018
BH Photo #430667
Abandoned and derelict Warren pony truss road bridge on old alignment of 87th St. over Cross Creek, running parallel and south about 40' from the Kansas River, and just 30' south from a traffic-open massive masonry arch railroad bridge, area is north and east of Eudora, not far east from where Captain Creek meets the Kansas River
- Abandoned warren pony truss bridge over Unnamed Creek
- Johnson County, Kansas
- Derelict/abandoned, without decking, west approach completely collapsed
- Warren pony truss
Length of largest span: 50.0 ft.
Total length: 90.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.0 ft.
- Also called
- 87th St. Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.97274, -95.03613 (decimal degrees)
38°58'22" N, 95°02'10" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/323612/4315722 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 82172 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 11, 2018: New photo from Nick Schmiedeler
- July 10, 2018: Added by Nick Schmiedeler
No problem Nick! I have recently acquired complete bridge records for most ATSF divisions. This also includes most of Kansas. It certainly makes research a lot less hassle.