BNSF - Republican River Bridge
Photo taken by Nick Schmiedeler in May 2021
BH Photo #498961
Build date comes from Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway bridge records at Temple, TX Railroad Museum. All substructures except for one concrete pier date to 1898.
- Pony/through plate girder bridge over Republican River on BNSF Railway
- Jewell County, Kansas
- Open to traffic
- Built 1912
- - Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway (ATSF)
- BNSF Railway (BNSF)
- Pony plate girder
Length of largest span: 105.0 ft.
Total length: 447.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.99663, -98.04476 (decimal degrees)
39°59'48" N, 98°02'41" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/581543/4427819 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 68092 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 16, 2021: Updated by John Marvig: added information
- May 15, 2021: New photos from Nick Schmiedeler
- June 18, 2015: Added by Royce and Bobette Haley
- Royce and Bobette Haley - roycehaley111 [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Nick Schmiedeler - nick [at] nickschmiedeler [dot] com
- John Marvig - marvigj27 [at] gmail [dot] com