Limestone Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Nick Schmiedeler in November 2017
BH Photo #410435
NBI 2012 shows closed, dropped in later editions.
- Pony truss bridge over Limestone Creek, 1.5 mi. south and 0.3 mi. east of Ionia
- Jewell County, Kansas
- Intact but closed to all traffic
- Bedstead Pratt pony truss
Length of largest span: 44.9 ft.
Total length: 74.1 ft.
Deck width: 15.7 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.63982, -98.33890 (decimal degrees)
39°38'23" N, 98°20'20" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/556726/4387990 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 5 S., R. 9 W., Sec. 4
- Average daily traffic (as of 2005)
- Inventory numbers
- KS 000450713303500 (Kansas local bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 17856 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of November 2008)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 31.2 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- October 31, 2018: Updated by Clark Vance: Added category "Laced endposts"
- November 8, 2017: New photos from Nick Schmiedeler