Meriden Rock Creek Bridge
Google Earth Imagery suggests this bridge was replaced by a UCEB, most likely in the 1990's or late 1980's.
- Bowstring pony truss bridge over Rock Creek near Meriden
- Jefferson County, Kansas
- Replaced by a new bridge, but relocated and preserved
- Built ca. 1880; Relocated in 1983 and again ca. 2020.
- - Columbia Bridge Works of Dayton, Ohio (probable) (also known as)
- D.H. & C.C. Morrison of Dayton, Ohio (probable) [also known as Columbia Bridge Works]
- Bowstring pony truss
Span length: 53.3 ft.
Total length: 53.3 ft.
Deck width: 13.9 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.19740, -95.55235 (decimal degrees)
39°11'51" N, 95°33'08" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/279588/4341786 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Land survey
- T. 10 S., R. 17 E., Sec. 7
- Inventory number
- BH 38232 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 13, 2021: Updated by Art Suckewer: changed to probable
- June 6, 2020: New photos from Nick Schmiedeler
- June 2, 2020: Updated by Robert Elder: Edited Status. Bridge is Extant!
- June 20, 2019: Updated by Art Suckewer: Changed builder based on characteristics
- November 30, 2008: Oops, bridge should be in Kansas instead of Missouri
- November 26, 2008: Added by James Baughn
- HAER KS-2 - Meriden Rock Creek Bridge
- James Baughn - webmaster [at] bridgehunter [dot] com
- Zach Elliott
- Art Suckewer - Asuckewer [at] knite [dot] com
- Robert Elder - robertelder1 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Nick Schmiedeler - nick [at] nickschmiedeler [dot] com