ATSF - Delaware River Bridge (Old)
Public Domain: Published Prior to 1923
BH Photo #465240
Build date comes from Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway bridge records at Temple, TX Railroad Museum.
- Lost Through truss bridge over Delaware River on Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway
- Valley Falls, Jefferson County, Kansas
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1897, second truss added 1929; Replaced 1969
- - American Bridge Works of Chicago, Illinois (1897 Truss)
- - Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe Railway (ATSF)
- 1-149' Through Truss (Built 1929)
1-164' Pinned Through Truss (Built 1897)
Length of largest span: 164.0 ft.
Total length: 362.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.35075, -95.45365 (decimal degrees)
39°21'03" N, 95°27'13" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/288573/4358572 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 87893 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- December 20, 2021: Updated by John Marvig: added likely builder based on 1897 ATSF bridge program
- January 25, 2020: New photo from Luke
- January 24, 2020: Added by John Marvig