Hitchen Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Nick Schmiedeler in April 2017
BH Photo #385014
This bridge is on private property. As a courtesy to the landowner, please do not visit without permission. Landowner information will not be disseminated through this website.
- Pratt through truss bridge over Hitchen Creek
- Elk County, Kansas
- Open to private traffic.
- Five panel pin-connected Pratt through truss with two pin-connected Queenpost pony truss approaches.
- Also called
- Longton Hitchen Creek Truss Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.38872, -96.07790 (decimal degrees)
37°23'19" N, 96°04'40" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/758697/4142003 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 43709 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 27, 2017: Updated by Robert Elder: Updated status and status description. Open to private traffic.
- April 1, 2017: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Pin-connected"
- April 1, 2017: New photos from Nick Schmiedeler
- December 26, 2016: Updated by Robert Elder: Edited Description.
- April 30, 2012: Updated by Robert Elder: Edited Status and Status description. Confirmed extant!
- November 26, 2010: Updated by Robert Elder: Edited Status description - this bridge is very possibly extant.
- May 12, 2010: Updated by Robert Elder: Edited Name, Approach design (Queenpost pony trusses), and Design description. Status remains unknown.
- December 5, 2009: Updated by Robert Elder: Edited Design Description.
- Robert Elder - robertelder1 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Nick Schmiedeler - nick [at] nickschmiedeler [dot] com