Abandoned Rock Island - Little Delaware River Bridge
Photo taken by Nick Schmiedeler in February 2017
BH Photo #379029
Dimensions of bridge are close approximations. Access to the bridge is best via permission from business owner to the east although bridge may now be technically on public land.
- Abandoned pony/through plate girder bridge over Little Delaware River on Rock Island abandoned Railroad line
- Horton, Brown County, Kansas
- Most likely built circa 1910 at birth of Rock Island Railroad operations in Horton, KS
- - Chicago, Rock Island & Pacific Railroad (CRIP (1866-1920); RI (1920-1975) ROCK (1975-1980))
- Pony through plate girder, double wide, currently in very poor condition, over Little Delaware River behind a business location at far west end of 7th St.
Length of largest span: 60.0 ft.
Total length: 80.0 ft.
Deck width: 30.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.65930, -95.53418 (decimal degrees)
39°39'33" N, 95°32'03" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/282598/4393013 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 75695 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 17, 2017: Added by Nick Schmiedeler