Riveted Warren pony truss with verticals.
Photo taken by Robert Elder in February 2008
BH Photo #111204
Former location was at coordinates 37.911756, -95.399993.
- Pony truss bridge over a ravine on the Backbone Trail (Lehigh Portland Trail System) in Iola
- Iola, Allen County, Kansas
- Open to pedestrians/bicyclists
- Built 1909 by the Canton Bridge Co. over Owl Creek west of Humboldt; relocated 2014
- - Canton Bridge Co. of Canton, Ohio
- Warren pony truss with alternating verticals
Length of largest span: 61.0 ft.
Total length: 64.9 ft.
Deck width: 13.4 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.91174, -95.40002 (decimal degrees)
37°54'42" N, 95°24'00" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 15/289016/4198738 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2006)
- Inventory numbers
- KS 000011019806006 (Kansas local bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 17334 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of February 2014)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 16.8 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- September 3, 2019: Updated by James Baughn: Moved pin to current location
- November 27, 2013: New photos from Randy Rasa
- March 1, 2010: Updated by Robert Elder: Adjusted GPS Coordinates.
- September 15, 2009: Updated by Robert Elder: Edited Builders
- February 28, 2008: Updated by Robert Elder: Edited "Design"
- February 5, 2008: New photos from Robert Elder
- Robert Elder - robertelder1 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Randy Rasa