Photo taken by Anthony Dillon in May 2010
BH Photo #165645
A very old concrete arch with some nice detailing in a scenic location.
The original balustrade railings were replaced by the state.
- Concrete arch bridge over Nettle Creek on Turnpike Road
- Hagerstown, Wayne County, Indiana
- Open to traffic
- Future prospects
- To be rehabilitated
- Built 1912
- - Burk Construction Co. of New Castle, Indiana (Fabricator)
- J.W.Mueller (Designer)
- Kahn reinforced arch
Length of largest span: 70.2 ft.
Total length: 103.0 ft.
Deck width: 23.9 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Turnpike Road-Nettle Creek Bridge
County Bridge #197
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.91070, -85.16906 (decimal degrees)
39°54'39" N, 85°10'09" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/656496/4419450 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2016)
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 8900147 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 17275 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of May 2018)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 76.9 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- June 5, 2017: New photos from Tony Dillon
- November 1, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Added builder and designer
- October 31, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Added historic name
- July 8, 2010: Updated by Bill Eichelberger: Added truss type.
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Bill Eichelberger