Wabash and Erie Canal Lagro Creek Aqueduct
Fuzzy, but you can see all that is left is some stone. Interurban bridge remains to right.
Photo taken by James Norwood
BH Photo #180245
Fort Wayne and Wabash Valley Traction line utilized former tow path beside canal route and has it's own former bridge site adjacent. Also, adjacent canal lock remains, as well as lock keepers log home.
- Lost Stone arch bridge over Lagro Creek on Formerly W&E Canal
- Lagro, Wabash County, Indiana
- Once carried canal boats over Lagro Creek on their journey from Toledo, Ohio to Evansville, Indiana and points in between. Canal abandoned in or about 1870's.
- Stone arch
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.83728, -85.72455 (decimal degrees)
40°50'14" N, 85°43'28" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/607531/4521476 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 46398 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 21, 2010: Updated by Eric Root: Corrected spelling of aqueduct
- October 3, 2010: Added by James Norwood
- James Norwood
- Eric Root - ejort [at] att [dot] net