Brownsville Covered Bridge
1938 Melvin Davies photo
Indiana Historical Society
BH Photo #446265
Indiana's only remaining example of a Long truss was placed in storage in Indianapolis for many years before being acquired by the city of Columbus to replace the Clifty Bridge that was heavily damaged by fire.
It was shortened to about half of it's original length.
- Long through truss bridge over East Fork Whitewater River on Brownsville Road
- Union County, Indiana
- Relocated to Mill Race Park in Columbus, Bartholomew County where it is still in use.
- Built 1840
- - Adam Mason
- Long through truss
Length of largest span: 166.0 ft.
Total length: 182.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.5 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 15.5 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.66486, -85.00669 (decimal degrees)
39°39'53" N, 85°00'24" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/670983/4392459 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 84938 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 9, 2019: New photo from Tony Dillon
- April 8, 2019: New photo from Tony Dillon