Geneva Bridge (1913)
Replaced a WIBCo. Whipple truss bridge that was possibly damaged or destroyed in the 1913 flood. Part of the cut stone substructure was reused for this bridge.
- Lost Parker through truss bridge over Flat Rock River on Vandalia Road (in the town of Geneva)
- Shelby County, Indiana
- Replaced by new bridge
- Built in 1913 by the Central States Bridge Company
- - Central States Bridge Co. of Indianapolis, Indiana (Fabricator)
- National Concrete Co. of Indianapolis, Indiana (Contractors)
- 9-panel, Pinned Parker through truss
Span length: 174.0 ft.
Total length: 174.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.5 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 15.7 ft.
- Also called
- Flatrock River-Vandalia Road Bridge Old County Bridge #132
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.39133, -85.72119 (decimal degrees)
39°23'29" N, 85°43'16" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/610123/4360984 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 44262 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 9, 2020: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added information.
- February 27, 2010: Added by Anthony Dillon