Clover Ford Bridge
Scan of an older photo.
Photo taken by Anthony Dillon
BH Photo #136142
Removed from it's abutments on Wednesday, August 29th and placed on cribbing until it can be dismantled, then it will be repaired and rebuild in Shelbyville's Blue River Park for pedestrian use.
- Pratt through truss bridge over Buck Creek on CR 875 West
- Shelby County, Indiana
- Relocated and restored
- Future prospects
- Relocated to Shelbyville and placed in a new park that is being developed.
- Built in 1889 by the King Bridge Company
- - King Bridge Co. of Cleveland, Ohio
- 6-panel, pinned Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 92.8 ft.
Total length: 95.1 ft.
Deck width: 15.4 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.3 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Shelby County Bridge #13
Buck Creek CR 875W Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.62250, -85.94778 (decimal degrees)
39°37'21" N, 85°56'52" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/590310/4386388 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 7300013 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 17010 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of November 2017)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Imminent Failure (1 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 17 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- May 17, 2019: Updated by Tony Dillon: Changed to historic name
- August 29, 2018: Updated by Tony Dillon: Bridge was set off of Buck Creek today in preparation for being dismantled, repaired and rebuilt in a Shelbyville park.
- July 8, 2018: New photos from Mike Daffron
- September 24, 2017: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein
- August 17, 2017: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Pin-connected"
- July 24, 2016: New photos from Mike Daffron
- January 14, 2011: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Bridge has been closed to traffic until further notice
- February 9, 2010: New photos from Anthony Dillon
- March 28, 2009: New photo from Anthony Dillon
- March 26, 2009: Updated by Anthony Dillon
- June 26, 2008: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Builder and truss type