Main Street Overpass
Unique laced endposts and top chords. There was possible railroad involvement in the building of this bridge. The bridge was known in the community as the Overhead bridge.
- Lost Pratt through truss bridge over Penn-Central Railroad on Main Street (SR 229)
- Batesville, Ripley County, Indiana
- Road level crossing built on a new alignment and old bridge removed.
- Built 1906
- - Cleveland, Cincinnati, Chicago & St. Louis Railway (CCC&StL; Big Four)
- New York Central Railroad (NYC)
- Penn Central Railroad (PC)
- Pinned Pratt through truss
Span length: 101.0 ft.
Total length: 101.0 ft.
Deck width: 16.2 ft.
- Also called
- Main Street SR 229 Bridge
NYC Bridge #303
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.29342, -85.22726 (decimal degrees)
39°17'36" N, 85°13'38" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/652873/4350836 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 44402 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 21, 2012: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added common local name
- March 12, 2010: Added by Anthony Dillon