Emmetsville Covered Bridge
Indiana Historical Society
BH Photo #446037
The old bridge was never replaced. The site is still accessable from the North although it is trecherous. The road to the South has been plowed over.
- Lost Burr arch-truss bridge over Mississinewa River on County Road 700 West
- Randolph County, Indiana
- Destroyed by fire
- Built in 1883 by A.M. Kennedy & Sons; heavily damaged by fire in May of 1973 and removed several years later.
- - A.M. Kennedy & Sons
- Burr arch-truss
Length of largest span: 124.0 ft.
Total length: 140.0 ft.
Deck width: 16.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 13.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.27997, -85.11153 (decimal degrees)
40°16'48" N, 85°06'41" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/660544/4460542 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 84891 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 31, 2020: New photos from Melissa Brand-Welch
- June 29, 2019: New photo from Mike Daffron
- April 2, 2019: New photo from Tony Dillon
- Mike Daffron - daffmikron [at] gmail [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Melissa Brand-Welch - melissabrandwelch [at] msn [dot] com