Sharpe Covered Bridge
1947 George Aten photo
Indiana Historical Society
BH Photo #446003
The steel pony truss was added in 1930 after a dredging operation on Mill Creek. The covered bridge was replaced with a slab in 1967 while the pony truss (Listed seperate) lasted until it was replaced in 2008.
- Lost Burr arch-truss bridge over Mill Creek on County Road 1300 South
- Putnam County, Indiana, and Owen County, Indiana
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built in 1915 by J.A. Britton; replaced in 1967
- - Joseph A. Britton
- Burr arch-truss
Length of largest span: 100.0 ft.
Total length: 122.0 ft.
Deck width: 16.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.0 ft.
- Also called
- County Line Covered Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.47036, -86.74366 (decimal degrees)
39°28'13" N, 86°44'37" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/522048/4369006 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 84872 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 29, 2019: New photo from Mike Daffron
- April 1, 2019: New photo from Tony Dillon
- Mike Daffron - daffmikron [at] gmail [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com