McFadden Creek-Bluff Rd. Bridge
Considered a Posey County landmark for many years, uncertain why it was removed.
- Lost through truss bridge over McFadden Creek on Bluff Road
- Posey County, Indiana
- Only the substructure remains
- Built 1895; removed 1997
- - Toledo Bridge Co. of Toledo, Ohio [also known as Smith Bridge Co.]
- (2)7-panel, Pinned Pratt through trusses
4-panel, pinned Pratt pony truss approach
Length of largest span: 117.1 ft.
Total length: 315.0 ft.
Deck width: 16.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.0 ft.
- Also called
- Old County Bridge #126
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +37.92464, -87.86872 (decimal degrees)
37°55'29" N, 87°52'07" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/423649/4197810 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 6500028 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 39550 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 30, 2009: Updated by Robert Stephenson: Status and year lost
- March 17, 2009: Updated by J.P.
- February 8, 2009: Added by James Baughn