Hawkins Mill Bridge
Photo taken by Satolli Glassmeyer
BH Photo #110152
Bridge was believed to have been relocated from the old State Road 37 crossing of the Patoka just to the North of here. Although no documentation has been found to confirm this, a set of cut stone abutments does remain at that site next to the current bridge.
- Pratt through truss bridge over Patoka River on CR 850 South
- Orange County, Indiana
- Open to traffic
- Built 1884 by the Wrought Iron Bridge Company and later relocated here.
- - Wrought Iron Bridge Co. of Canton, Ohio
- 8-panel, Pinned Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 104.3 ft.
Total length: 106.9 ft.
Deck width: 14.8 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 12.0 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- County Bridge #103
Owl Hollow Bridge
Patoka River CR 850S Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.43323, -86.45250 (decimal degrees)
38°25'60" N, 86°27'09" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/547784/4254026 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 5900071 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 16753 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of May 2018)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 26.9 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- February 2, 2022: New photo from Jenise Stewart
- June 2, 2020: New photos from Mike Daffron
- September 6, 2019: New photos from Mike Daffron
- November 13, 2017: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Pin-connected"
- November 12, 2017: New video from Mike Daffron
- April 19, 2016: New photos from Mike Daffron
- December 4, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Added historic name
- July 25, 2010: New photos from Anthony Dillon
- September 15, 2009: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Name
- June 27, 2008: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Builder and truss type