Yountsville Covered Bridge
Indiana Historical Society
BH Photo #445904
Was the highest covered bridge above water in Indiana before it's demise at 40ft.
- Lost Burr arch-truss bridge over Sugar Creek on State Road 32
- Montgomery County, Indiana
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built in 1854 by Henry Wolf; replaced in 1948
- - Henry Wolf
- 2-lane Burr arch-truss
Length of largest span: 160.0 ft.
Total length: 182.0 ft.
Deck width: 24.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 10.5 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.02442, -86.97231 (decimal degrees)
40°01'28" N, 86°58'20" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/502363/4430467 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 84826 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 21, 2021: New photo from Garrett DiDomizio
- April 10, 2019: New photo from Tony Dillon
- April 8, 2019: New photo from Tony Dillon
- March 30, 2019: New photo from Tony Dillon
- March 29, 2019: New photo from Tony Dillon
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Garrett DiDomizio - garrettdidomizio [at] gmail [dot] com