Lye Creek CR 600N Bridge
This appears to be another early Elkhart span.
- Lost through truss bridge over Lye Creek on CR 600 N
- Montgomery County, Indiana
- Replaced by new bridge
- Built ca. 1900; replaced 1992
- 7-panel, Pinned Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 106.0 ft.
Total length: 107.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.7 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 16.4 ft.
- Also called
- Old County Bridge #50
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.12779, -86.81010 (decimal degrees)
40°07'40" N, 86°48'36" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/516179/4441957 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 5400040 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 39474 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of April 2018)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 100 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- March 8, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Changed to a through truss as it was incorrectly labeled as a pony
- February 8, 2009: Added by James Baughn