Dolan Covered Bridge
Covered bridge at Dolan, Monroe county 1926-04-09
Frank M. Hohenberger Photograph Collection
Courtesy, The Lilly Library, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana. For commercial uses, please contact the Lilly Library at 1200 East Seventh Street, Bloomington, Indiana, 47405-5500 or at http://www.indiana.edu/~liblilly/
BH Photo #453748
The Western Bridge Company, with it's unique "sawtooth" portal design, travelled well South of it's usual territory to build this span. The firm would soon become the Western Bridge Works, and would transition exclusively to iron truss bridges.
- Lost Howe truss covered bridge over Beanblossom Creek on Old State Road 37
- Monroe County, Indiana
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1878 by the Western Bridge Co.; Replaced 1927 by a steel pony truss.
- - Western Bridge Co. of Ft. Wayne, Indiana
- Howe through truss
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.24162, -86.49931 (decimal degrees)
39°14'30" N, 86°29'58" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/543207/4343709 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 86235 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 16, 2022: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added builder, truss type and other info.
- August 5, 2019: Added by Mike Daffron
- Mike Daffron - daffmikron [at] gmail [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com