Photo taken August 2006 by Tom Hall
BH Photo #102879
- Pratt through truss bridge over Eel River on CR 440 West
- Miami County, Indiana
- New deck in place and bridge reopened.
- Built 1883 by the Massillon Bridge Co.
- - Massillon Bridge Co. of Massillon, Ohio
- (2)8-panel, pinned Pratt through trusses
Length of largest span: 120.0 ft.
Total length: 243.0 ft.
Deck width: 17.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 17.5 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Miami County Bridge #63
Eel River CR 440W Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.81454, -86.15681 (decimal degrees)
40°48'52" N, 86°09'25" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/571112/4518511 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Twelve Mile
- Average daily traffic (as of 2011)
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 5200050 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 16643 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of May 2018)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 33.6 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- May 7, 2022: Updated by Tony Dillon: Changed status as bridge has been reopened to traffic.
- April 22, 2022: New photo from Tony Dillon
- May 15, 2021: Updated by Tony Dillon: Updated status to closed
- August 31, 2019: New photos from Mike Daffron
- January 22, 2019: New video from Mike Daffron
- November 10, 2018: New photos from Mike Daffron
- May 16, 2011: New photos from James Norwood
- January 30, 2010: New photos from Anthony Dillon
- April 28, 2009: Essay added by James Norwood
- September 15, 2006: Posted updated photo from Tom Hall
- Tom Hall - thomas [dot] hall [at] ffni [dot] com
- Jonathan Maxwell - themaxwellshouse [at] roadrunner [dot] com
- James Norwood
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Mike Daffron - daffmikron [at] gmail [dot] com