Fort Ritner Bridge
Photo taken by Joshua Collins
BH Photo #102869
Despite Lawrence County's miserable record with historic bridges, and despite this bridge being listed as "Non-select" in the state historic bridge inventory... The county is saying they plan to rehabilitate this amazing structure. However, now that it is closed with metal bars welded across the entrances this seems less likely.
- Two-span through truss bridge over East Fork White River on CR L7S10
- Lawrence County, Indiana, and Washington County, Indiana
- Closed to all traffic
- Built 1895 by the Lafayette Bridge Co.
- - Lafayette Bridge Co. of Lafayette, Indiana
- Pinned Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 169.6 ft.
Total length: 354.0 ft.
Deck width: 16.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 17.3 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Lawrence County Bridge #52
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.76052, -86.28283 (decimal degrees)
38°45'38" N, 86°16'58" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/562310/4290445 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2016)
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 4700027 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 16496 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of June 2018)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Imminent Failure (1 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 16.3 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- July 21, 2019: New photos from Mike Daffron
- June 3, 2018: New video from Mike Daffron
- May 27, 2018: New photos from Mike Daffron
- May 2, 2017: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Pin-connected"
- May 2, 2017: New photos from Mike Daffron
- April 29, 2017: Updated by Mike Daffron: Added bridge number
- October 10, 2013: New Street View added by J.P.
- January 18, 2013: New photo from Tony Dillon
- January 9, 2012: New photo from Nick
- April 15, 2010: New Street View added by J.P.
- April 9, 2010: New Street View added by Nathan Holth
- April 5, 2010: New photos from James McCray
- February 9, 2010: New photos from Anthony Dillon
- January 14, 2010: New photos from Anthony Dillon
- June 10, 2009: New photos from Anthony Dillon
- June 24, 2008: New photos from Tom Hall
- December 4, 2006: Posted photos from Joshua Collins
- Joshua Collins - Bigjc1979 [at] aol [dot] com
- Tom Hall - thomas [dot] hall [at] ffni [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- James McCray - jamesinslocomb [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Nathan Holth
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Historicbridges.org - by Nathan Holth
- Mike Daffron - daffmikron [at] gmail [dot] com