MILW - B&O Overpass
Photo taken by Nick in March 2011
BH Photo #223145
Located just East of Bedford, this place is forlorn and forgotten, but once part of the Giant Milwaukee Road empire that stretched from the Pacific Ocean into Indiana.
- Built to carry former Milwaukee Road railroad line from Bedford to Seymour and Westport over an abandoned O&M railroad branchline
- Bedford, Lawrence County, Indiana
- - Baltimore & Ohio Railroad (BO)
- Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (MILW)
- Ohio & Mississippi Railroad (O&M)
- An old railroad bridge that crossed another railroad. Railroads thrived in this area one-upon-a-time, from the multiple quarries in the area. But times have changed :(
- Also called
- MILW - OM Overpass
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.86726, -86.47696 (decimal degrees)
38°52'02" N, 86°28'37" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/545375/4302176 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Bedford East
- Inventory number
- BH 50886 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 4, 2014: Updated by Luke Harden: Removed category "Milwaukee Road, Added category "Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad"
- August 4, 2014: Updated by James Norwood: Added name, updated info.
- January 9, 2012: Added by Nick