US 41 Hartsdale Overpass
Crossing for highway 41 over railroad tracks of the Pennsylvania, E. J. & E., and Michigan Central railroads at Hartsdale. Deck 44' wide plus 2 18" wide sidewalks. Cost $146,141.14.
- Lost through truss bridge over Elgin Joliet and Eastern Railroad on US 41
- Schererville, Lake County, Indiana
- Replaced by new bridge
- Built 1935, rehabilitated in 1977, replaced in 2001
- - Thomas McQueen
- 2-span Parker through truss
Length of largest span: 160.1 ft.
Total length: 509.9 ft.
Deck width: 45.9 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.7 ft.
- Also called
- Indiana State Highway Bridge #41-45-103
PA & Elgin, Joliet & Eastern R.R. Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.50833, -87.47167 (decimal degrees)
41°30'30" N, 87°28'18" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/460638/4595296 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2004)
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 015640 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 39377 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of June 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 84.4 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- February 17, 2020: New photo from Geoff Hubbs
- October 30, 2010: Updated by Ed Hollowell: Corrected complrtion date, added builder, cost and spans.
- February 7, 2009: Added by James Baughn
- Ed Hollowell - erhollowell [at] aol [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Geoff Hubbs