Fountain Park Bridge
A Scene at Fountain Park, Remington, Ind.
1912 Postcard view
BH Photo #515837
The evidence is compelling that this bridge may have survived for 150 years, and now resides in a Rensselaer park. Two spans of different lengths were ordered by Jasper County in 1871 from the Ohio Bridge Company. This bridge shows a 5-panel configuration, which matches the extant one in Potawatomi Park.
- Bowstring pony truss bridge over Carpenter Creek on County Road 630 West
- Jasper County, Indiana
- Quite possibly the bridge that now resides at Potawatomi Park in Rensselaer.
- Likely one of two bridges built by the Ohio Bridge Company under an 1871 contract.
- - Ohio Bridge Co. of Cleveland
- William Rezner (Designer)
- 5-panel Bowstring pony truss
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.77806, -87.16329 (decimal degrees)
40°46'41" N, 87°09'48" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/486220/4514133 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 92258 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 17, 2022: New photo from Tony Dillon
- June 9, 2021: New photo from Tony Dillon
- February 25, 2021: New photos from Tony Dillon