Ewing Covered Bridge
Indiana Historical Society
BH Photo #445917
A rare example of a Howe Truss built by Daniels. Governor Whitcomb spared the nearby Medora and Bell Ford Bridges from destruction, but unfortunately this one was demolished.
This bridge served the earliest route of what would become US 50.
- Lost Howe through truss bridge over East Fork White River on Ewing Road
- Jackson County, Indiana
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built in 1870 by J.J. Daniels; replaced in 1970
- - J.J. Daniels
- Howe through truss
Length of largest span: 350.0 ft.
Total length: 374.0 ft.
Deck width: 17.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 12.5 ft.
- Also called
- Old US 50 Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.89127, -86.06618 (decimal degrees)
38°53'29" N, 86°03'58" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/580985/4305125 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 84831 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 26, 2021: New photos from Melissa Brand-Welch
- February 21, 2021: New photo from Garrett DiDomizio
- March 30, 2019: New photo from Tony Dillon
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Garrett DiDomizio - garrettdidomizio [at] gmail [dot] com
- Melissa Brand-Welch - melissabrandwelch [at] msn [dot] com