Old Red Covered Bridge
Old Red Bridge, Huntington, Ind.
ca. 1905 postcard view
BH Photo #488746
The bridge was condemned about 1902 and closed. In 1906 the commissioners decided to replace it with a Luten concrete arch bridge. The new bridge was built in 1907 but was destroyed in the 1913 flood. The current steel truss bridge was built at that time.
- Lost Through truss bridge over Wabash River on Rangeline Road
- Huntington County, Indiana
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1863; Replaced with concrete arches in 1907.
- - James M. Bratton
- Through truss
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.87950, -85.54288 (decimal degrees)
40°52'46" N, 85°32'34" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/622770/4526402 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 91912 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 14, 2021: New photo from Tony Dillon