ERES - Little Wabash River Bridge
Close up of abandoned Erie Bridge
Photo taken by James Norwood
BH Photo #140863
- Deck plate girder bridge over Little River on ERES (formerly Chicago and Indiana, Chicago and Great Atlantic, Erie, Erie Lackawanna) in Huntington
- Huntington, Huntington County, Indiana
- East set of plate girders renovated for pedestrian trail usage, West set removed.
- Future prospects
- Partially preserved
- Once part of the Erie's Chicago to New York line, this double tracked bridge was abandoned in the early 1980's when line was pulled up.
- - Chicago & Indiana Railroad (C&I)
- Chicago and Great Atlantic Railroad
- Erie Lackawanna Railroad (EL)
- Erie Railroad (ERIE)
- Erie Western Railway (ERES)
- 4 deck plate girders segments(2 per side), concrete abutments and pier, with walkway made up this double tracked rail bridge.
Length of largest span: 77.0 ft.
Total length: 155.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.88086, -85.48222 (decimal degrees)
40°52'51" N, 85°28'56" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/627879/4526639 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 42635 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 12, 2020: Updated by John Marvig: added information
- August 12, 2016: Updated by Tony Dillon: Updated status and explained this "partial save".
- June 2, 2009: New photo from James Norwood
- June 1, 2009: New photos from James Norwood
- May 31, 2009: Essay added by James Norwood