Iron bridge on CR 100 South -Morris Street- west of SR 267 in Washington Township, south of Prestwick Golf Course, Avon, Indiana 1976
Courtesy of the Plainfield-Guilford Township Public Library, Plainfield, IN
BH Photo #433531
This beautiful span offered quite a "Throwback" look for a 1915 structure. Central States was paid $3,063 to build this bridge.
Builder and other details provided by Jim Cooper.
- Lost Pratt through truss over White Lick Creek on County Road 100 South
- Hendricks County, Indiana
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1915 by the Central States Bridge Company; Replaced 1983
- - Central States Bridge Co. of Indianapolis, Indiana
- 8-panel, Pinned Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 126.0 ft.
Total length: 128.0 ft.
Deck width: 16.0 ft.
- Also called
- White Lick Creek CR100S Bridge
Old County Bridge #253
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.74787, -86.41760 (decimal degrees)
39°44'52" N, 86°25'03" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/549895/4399936 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 82608 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 23, 2020: New photo from Tony Dillon
- February 14, 2019: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added Historic Name
- October 29, 2018: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added truss type and other information.
- August 25, 2018: Added by Mike Daffron
- Mike Daffron - daffmikron [at] gmail [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com