MON - Owensburg Tunnel
Built as the Bedford, Springville, Owensburg and Bloomfield Railroad in 1877 as a narrow gauge road. It was bought by the Louisville, New Albany & Chicago Railway (the Monon) in April 1886. In 1895 the tunnel was widened to allow the line to be upgraded to standard width gauge. It was abandoned in 1935.
- March 30, 2010: Updated by Ed Hollowell: Added tags
- March 29, 2010: Added by Ed Hollowell
- Ed Hollowell - erhollowell [at] aol [dot] com