Mier Road PRR Underpass
Photo taken by James Norwood
BH Photo #163527
The road underneath this concrete bridge was the original Highway route until a newer bridge was built East of here to carry SR 18 and SR 13 over the old PRR and C&O tracks, as well as the original route. Rail Line abandoned for over 20 years. Wide design for former double track railroad. Roadway had to make harsh turns to pass under bridge and very low clearance was dangerous for high profile vehicles.
- Lost concrete bridge over Mier Road on former Conrail Railroad
- Mier, Grant County, Indiana
- Demolished in 2012
- - Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Chicago, & St. Louis Railroad (PCC&StL)
- Concrete culvert
Total length: 34.0 ft.
Deck width: 38.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.57553, -85.83172 (decimal degrees)
40°34'32" N, 85°49'54" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/598883/4492294 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- 800 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 43816 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 21, 2012: Updated by Daniel Hopkins: Added category "Railroad"
- August 21, 2012: Updated by James Norwood: added bridge removed status
- April 23, 2010: New photos from James Norwood
- December 30, 2009: Added by James Norwood