Paper Mill Bridge
Photo courtesy of the Indiana State Department of Natural Resource, Division of Historic Preservation and Archaeology.
BH Photo #190065
An imposing structure that would have added greatly to the historic town of Brookville had it been left standing.
- Lost 3 span Camelback through truss bridge over West Fork Whitewater River on 7th St.
- Brookville, Franklin County, Indiana
- Replaced by a new bridge on a different alignment and demolished after standing abandoned for 17 years.
- Built ca.1914; repaired in 1967 and 1975; bypassed and abandoned in 1979; demolished 1996.
- 3 span, pinned Camelback through truss
Length of largest span: 190.0 ft.
Total length: 825.0 ft.
Deck width: 22.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 15.6 ft.
- Also called
- St. Mary's Road Bridge
Seventh Street Bridge
County Bridge #56
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.42178, -85.01553 (decimal degrees)
39°25'18" N, 85°00'56" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/670820/4365462 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 47241 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 11, 2019: New photo from Tony Dillon
- January 29, 2019: Updated by Tony Dillon: Switched names to reflect that this was best known locally as the Paper Mill Bridge.
- January 29, 2019: New photos from Melissa Brand-Welch
- January 22, 2019: New photos from Melissa Brand-Welch
- July 31, 2011: Updated by Ed Hollowell: construction date and predecesors.
- July 23, 2011: Updated by Ed Hollowell: Changed Build Dates
- December 9, 2010: Updated by Ed Hollowell: Added Crosses railroad
- December 8, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: added new information
- December 5, 2010: Added by Ed Hollowell
- Ed Hollowell - erhollowell [at] aol [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Melissa Brand-Welch - melissabrandwelch [at] msn [dot] com