4th Street Bridge
Ben F. Winans Photo of 4th Street Bridge 1907?
The photo collection had this in description as 1904 but other records show it as 1907 when there was a minor flood. Notice Shanty boat!
Photo taken by Ben F. Winans from Brookville Library Collection
BH Photo #446675
This bridge was in place prior to the 1882 map as it is marked on it. It was replaced in 1912 by a concrete arch bridge. That bridge was accepted by the county in early March 1913 only to be destroyed a week later by the Great 1913 Flood.
Appears to have been a King design.
- Lost Bowstring through truss bridge over East Fork Whitewater River on 4th Street
- Brookville, Franklin County, Indiana
- Built ca. 1870's; Removed 1912
- - King Bridge Co. of Cleveland, Ohio (Likely Fabricator)
- (1)12-panel Bowstring through truss
(1)10-panel Bowstring through truss
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.41820, -85.00495 (decimal degrees)
39°25'06" N, 85°00'18" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/671740/4365085 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 84901 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 16, 2019: New photos from Ed Hollowell
- April 15, 2019: New photo from Ed Hollowell
- April 4, 2019: New photo from Tony Dillon
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Ed Hollowell - erhollowell [at] aol [dot] com