Photo taken by Tom Hall
BH Photo #115625
One of four remaining through truss spans from the old Wabash River Bridge at Attica built in 1886. Relocated to this site in 1924.
- Pratt through truss bridge over Big Shawnee Creek on CR 300 East
- Fountain County, Indiana
- Open to traffic
- Built in 1886 as part of a multi-span bridge across the Wabash near Attica, moved to this location in 1924.
- - Milwaukee Bridge & Iron Works of Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 9-panel, pinned Pratt through truss.
Length of largest span: 132.8 ft.
Total length: 134.8 ft.
Deck width: 17.4 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 15.0 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Big Shawnee Creek CR 300E Bridge
Old Attica Wabash River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.25167, -87.20528 (decimal degrees)
40°15'06" N, 87°12'19" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/482542/4455710 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2012)
- Inventory numbers
- INNBI 2300113 (Indiana bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 16116 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of June 2018)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 34.6 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- July 28, 2019: New photos from Mike Daffron
- November 24, 2017: New video from Mike Daffron
- November 5, 2017: New photos from Mike Daffron
- May 13, 2017: New photos from Tony Dillon
- March 7, 2016: New photos from Mike Daffron
- August 10, 2011: New photo from Tony Dillon
- December 4, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Added historic name
- March 13, 2009: Updated by Anthony Dillon: year built, history
- Tom Hall - thomas [dot] hall [at] ffni [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Mike Daffron - daffmikron [at] gmail [dot] com