Blackiston Mill Bridge
new albany library
BH Photo #172731
Original abutments are still in use on the current bridge
- Lost Through truss bridge over Silver Creek on Blackiston Mill Road
- Floyd County, Indiana, and Clark County, Indiana
- Built 1888 by Wrought Iron Bridge Co., collapsed 1963 under a concrete mixer, (Bridge was under repair at the time)
- - Wrought Iron Bridge Co. of Canton, Ohio
- Through truss
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.33429, -85.79488 (decimal degrees)
38°20'03" N, 85°47'42" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/605326/4243593 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- New Albany
- Inventory number
- BH 45889 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 11, 2018: New photo from Mike Daffron
- February 2, 2012: New photos from J.P.
- December 17, 2011: Updated by J.P.: updated location to reflect bridge crosses county line
- August 18, 2011: New Street View added by James McCray
- August 18, 2011: Updated by J.P.: added builder found via article.
- February 11, 2011: Updated by J.P.: added build and collapse date and cause of said collapse.
- August 13, 2010: Added by J.P.
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- James McCray - jamesinslocomb [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Mike Daffron - daffmikron [at] gmail [dot] com