Kessner's Covered Bridge
Indiana Historical Society
BH Photo #445945
In it's later years this bridge developed quite a lean and was on a road that was lightly travelled. In June 1964 an attempt was made to dynamite the span, it was repaired and lasted until an arson fire in December 1965.
- Lost Burr arch-truss bridge over Patoka River on Kessner Bridge Road
- Dubois County, Indiana
- Destroyed by fire (arson)
- Built 1877 by William T. Washer; Lost to arson in 1965.
- - William T. Washer (Likely Fabricator)
- Burr arch-truss
Length of largest span: 156.0 ft.
Total length: 160.0 ft.
Deck width: 14.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 12.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +38.34929, -87.00433 (decimal degrees)
38°20'57" N, 87°00'16" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/499621/4244570 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 84848 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 9, 2022: New photo from Stewart Edwin Beitler
- February 21, 2021: New photo from Garrett DiDomizio
- July 12, 2020: New photos from Melissa Brand-Welch
- March 31, 2019: New photo from Tony Dillon
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Melissa Brand-Welch - melissabrandwelch [at] msn [dot] com
- Garrett DiDomizio - garrettdidomizio [at] gmail [dot] com
- Stewart Edwin Beitler - stubear0430 [at] gmail [dot] com