Albany Bridge at Kitselman Park
Taken just after bridge was placed on supports
Photo taken by Tony Dillon in June 2019
BH Photo #450046
Rehabilitated to become the centerpiece of the new Kitselman Trailhead and Park on the Eastside of Muncie where it will carry the White River and Cardinal Greenways over the West Fork of the White River.
- Camelback through truss bridge over West Fork White River on White River Greenway/Cardinal Greenway
- Delaware County, Indiana
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built South of Albany in 1905 over the Mississinewa River by the Indiana Bridge Company of Muncie, restored and moved over the White River next to the East Jackson Street Bridge in 2019.
- - Indiana Bridge Co. of Muncie, Indiana
- 9-panel, pinned Camelback through truss
Length of largest span: 174.8 ft.
Total length: 176.8 ft.
Deck width: 15.4 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 16.0 ft.
- Also called
- Old County Bridge #85
Strong Road Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.19241, -85.36313 (decimal degrees)
40°11'33" N, 85°21'47" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/639332/4450398 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 85596 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 29, 2021: New photos from Tony Dillon
- January 12, 2021: New Street View added by Jeff Wieland
- June 19, 2019: New photo from Tony Dillon
- June 18, 2019: Added by Tony Dillon
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Jeff Wieland
This will be nice when itís done !