Logan Creek Covered Bridge
1936 Robert Yule photo
Indiana Historical Society
BH Photo #445918
Another example of a Multiple Kingpost bridge built by the Kennedy's. They used the Burr Truss almost exclusivly, but occasionally left the arches off of shorter spans. This bridge is listed as being 94 feet long but to me it appears much shorter.
- Lost Multiple Kingpost through truss bridge over Logan Creek on Logan Creek Road
- Dearborn County, Indiana
- Removed but not replaced after I-74 was constructed.
- Built in 1874 by A.M. Kennedy & Sons; replaced in 1962
- - A.M. Kennedy & Sons
- Multiple Kingpost through truss
Length of largest span: 94.0 ft.
Total length: 100.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.5 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 13.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.27719, -84.87784 (decimal degrees)
39°16'38" N, 84°52'40" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/683050/4349683 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 84832 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 30, 2019: New photo from Tony Dillon