Harrison Suspension Bridge
Pre 1923 photo
BH Photo #471819
The builder, James W. Shipman, was the nephew of Squire Whipple.
This bridge, although named for a town predominantly located in Ohio, was located entirely in Indiana per an 1875 atlas view.
Information courtesy of Bridgemeister
- Lost Wire suspension bridge over Whitewater River on Jamison Road
- Dearborn County, Indiana
- Destroyed by the 1913 flood
- Built 1873; Destroyed in the 1913 flood.
- - James W. Shipman & Co.
- Wire/cable suspension
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.24991, -84.82116 (decimal degrees)
39°14'60" N, 84°49'16" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/688013/4346772 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 89222 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 8, 2020: New photos from Tony Dillon